
1770–1780
The mark on this piece indicates that it was made after the Mennecy factory was moved to Bourg-la- Reine in 1773. The tradition of Mennecy's decoration on soft-paste porcelain can be recognized in the piece, but its style has been modified in response to the emerging neo-classic taste. The flowers are now organized into formal garland's and motifs of classical origin, such as the lion's heads, are introduced.