
1866
Text printed on reverse of stereocard: "GORDIN'S DOME."Is 200 feet high and 60 wide. It is reached by descending from the "Deserted Chamber" to a narrow rugged causeway called the "Labyrinth," passing over a small bridge and ascending a ladder. The farside appears like an immense curtain. When there is a rise in the subterraneous rivers, the floor of the dome is covered with water in which eyeless fish are caught. The view is taken half way between the roof and the floor. It is called after one of the former proprietors of the cave.