
1860–1869
Text printed on reverse of stereocard: Interior view of the Main Hall of Prison, east side, which is 6 stories high, and contains 600 cells.The Prison is built of white marble, was commenced 1825, is 6 stories high, 480 ft. long, 44 ft. wide, and contains 1200 cells. Gaylord J. Clark, James K. Bates, David V. Foreest. Inspector of State Prisons, 1865. Stephan H. Johnson, Agent.